top of page

Family Class Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian Citizen, or Permanent Resident in Canada, you may be able to sponsor certain family members and relatives to apply for Permanent Residence and come to Canada such as your:

Loving Couple

1. Spouse

2. Common-law Partner

3. Dependent Child 

4. Orphaned relatives under 18 years of age

5. Adopted child under 18 years of age

6. Parents and Grandparents

7. Other relatives (can sponsor any relative regardless of age if you have no relatives listed above who are PR or Citizens of Canada, and you have none of these relatives that can be sponsored)

If your family member is a Spouse or Common-law partner who you live with in Canada, you may also apply under the Spouse and Common-law Partner in Canada Class (SCLPC). If you have valid temporary resident status at the time of application, you may be able to apply for an Open Work Permit to stay in Canada until the application is completed.

Happy Family

The sponsor must also be at least 18 years of age, not receiving social assistance except for disability, is able to provide basic needs of the sponsored person, and residing in Canada unless a Canadian Citizen who can prove that he/she will return to Canada when the sponsorship application is completed.

To make sure your family members can be sponsored, and that you are eligible to sponsor, speak to our Immigration Consultant for a detailed assessment and find out.

bottom of page